Sunday, July 31, 2011

I love Fairies!!

I made something to share with you today that I found just a few days ago.  It's called a Napkin Fold Card.  If you've never made one, I encourage you to give it a try.  It's so much fun and very rewarding!  I used a full 12" x 12" card stock sheet, plus additional patterned papers in 3 different designs to create it. 
This is the face of the card: 

In this shot, I've untied the ribbon and let the card start to open:

Here you can see the card is starting to open even further,
and  you begin to get a hint of what's inside:

Now the card is completely opened up and you can see the beautiful Fairy inside and that there is ample room for handwritten sentiment.  I used a MS glitter pen to highlight her wings. 

 This is the back of the completed 6" x 6" card.

The papers I used were from Graphic 45 and named "Once Upon a Springtime Collection, Butterfly Kisses" and "Once Upon a Springtime Frames" and from My Mind's Eye, 29th Street Market "Peaceful Treasures, Precious/Jade.  I'm sorry, but I don't remember the name of the card stock I used for the basic shape of the card itself.  I used a Fiskars Diamond border punch on the belly band that goes around the card to close it.

I used the instructions from Split Coast Stampers.  Please take a look at these beautiful examples of other Napkin Fold cards from other blogs:  SCS Gallery, Marianne's Papeirverden (page down), and another at Marianne's Papeirverden.  As you can see, they can be simple or quite elaborate!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today, I hope you enjoyed your visit and that you have a Blessed Sunday!
Big Hugs,

Marilou

6 comments:

  1. Super neat card!! Saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marilou. Looks wonderful and I loved how you showed it opening in stages
    .Now I see how it is made I will " have a go"
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .
    Shirley-Anne

    When commenting on another’s MIM entry don’t forget to mention that you saw it on MIM and the more entries you comment on in this way, the more chances you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a stunner! I love the green hues and the contrast in the papers and that image is beautiful!
    Thanks so much for sharing it at Make It Monday.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great card! These are a lot of work, I know... Also very expensive to make... I’d love to get this!! I saw you on Make It Monday!
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this fold and would definitely love to have a go.Gorgeous colour,thanks for the link.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fairies too and this is such a clever card. I shall be looking at the instructions later. It looks complicated but you have done a lovely job on it. I saw you on Make it Mondays. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to bless me with them.
╰⊰⊹✿ Marilou ✿⊹⊱╮