Wednesday, June 20, 2012

...to give you a future filled with hope

Something new from me today!

This card is constructed very differently than most
the cards I make, and it is much heavier,
because of the multiple layers
of cardstock used to build it.

I found a tutorial online done by "Tracy loves to scrap"
HERE, so if you want to make one
you can follow her instructions, as I did.
(She makes wonderful tutorials!!)



The above blog directed me to another blog with
some of the most beautiful cards I have EVER seen.
Marianne is from Norway and here's a link:  
Marianne's Papirverden

I could definitely spend hours gazing at all her stunning artwork
and I'm sure you will as well!

Here's my attempt to make a card similar to her's.
I colored a "Tilda" stamp from Magnolia,
but I don't remember it's name!  (sowwy!)  I love to color
Tilda, as she's just so adorable,
even though she doesn't have a nose or mouth!!  ;)

Here's what you see when you open the card:
Above is a scripture:

"I know the plans
I have in mind for you,
declares the Lord;
they are plans for peace,
not disaster,
to give you a future
filled with hope."

Jeremiah 29:11


Here's a closer look at the inside,
to show you the "wings" on each side.
The blank space is for writing one's own sentiment.

Card ingredients:

Closed size:  7" wide x 6" tall

Sentiment:
  Scripture verse
printed on my HP PhotoSmart

Cardstock used to build the card:
Bazzill (thanks Sandi!)

Patterned Papers used:
Prima Botannical Collection

Copic Markers used to color Tilda:

Skin:  E000, E00, E21, R20, R21
Hair:  E40, E42, E44
Romper and socks:  V000, V12
Blouse and shoes:  E40, E42
Flowers:  V09, V12, V15
Leaves:  G000, YG91, YG93

Embellishments:
Kaiser "snow" half pearls (colored to match with Copic Markers)
Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts Roses
Leaves made by a friend (Thanks Cathy!)
 (and I hope to learn how she makes them in a class soon!)
Lavender Stickles

Inks:
Ranger Antique Linen 

Dies used:
Spellbinders
"Petite Ovales large and Scalloped Petite Ovals large"

Punch used:
Martha Stewart
"Eyelet Lace"

Other:
Martha Stewart Gold Glitter Pen

Thank you for stopping by my blog today,
to take a peek at what I've been working on.

I'm always thankful when you do!!

╰⊰⊹✿ Marilou ✿⊹⊱

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Another lovely card. I like doing the inside of my cards too so this really appeals to me. I'll have to check out the link to Marianne's site. I love watching videos and learn new things. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to bless me with them.
╰⊰⊹✿ Marilou ✿⊹⊱╮